Sunday, July 9, 2017

Explore

Hello friends!  This is my take on More Than Words Challenge.  We had to use the word Explore and also use arrows!  I could not think of nothing better than to use a photo of my new grandson Jaxson who is 4 months.  He has so much to see and explore in his NEW world!  I love him so!!


Isn't he cute!!  Here is the challenge and please join in on the fun!

July 2017 Main Challenge
EXPLORE & ARROWS


Our Main Challenge is based on a word inspiration and a creative challenge.
The challenge is open to layouts, canvases and art journal pages only.
Make sure to carefully read our instructions below.
Word Inspiration - EXPLORE
Creative Challenge - ARROWS
What does the word EXPLORE inspire you to create?
You can choose to use the actual word somewhere on your project 
or simply be inspired by it.  Since, as you are aware, words are an integral 
part of our challenges, we want to know how this month's word stimulated 
your creative process, so please do explain in your blog post how it inspired you!
July is often a month during which we like to get away and explore new horizons whether we are in the Northern hemisphere and are enjoying Summer holidays or in the Southern hemisphere and want to escape Winter for a warmer climate. So we go our own way... follow our arrow, wherever it points! So, our creative challenge this month is to add ARROWS (1 or more) on your project!
VERY IMPORTANT REMINDER ABOUT MTW RULES!
To be eligible to win, you have to incorporate both requirements of the challenge, 
the word inspiration (EXPLORE) and the creative challenge (ARROWS).
Just look at our designers' projects and descriptions as examples.
You must also include our board image as well as a link to our blog in your entry post.  AND you may combine our challenge with no more than 2 other challenges


(http://morethanwordschallenge.blogspot.ca/)


Here are the close-ups:


 I have had the brown paper for so many years and I thought it would work perfectly on this layout.  I then cut it out and cut out a circle to go around the photos.  The photos are actually one photo which I did on the computer.  


I used these letters and added the string.  I cut out the arrows after I drew them and then put the yellow and green cardstock behind them to give them some strength to put pop up dots to adhere them to the layout.  


I had three gears in my stash which I have had for awhile.  I used paste paint to give them the old feeling.  I added flowers and used a die cut to make the leaves.  I then added the micro beads.  

Thank you so much for looking and enjoy your day!



Hugs – Ginger

6 comments:

  1. Your grandson is the perfect subject for this challenge as babies are always exploring everything all the time! You did a fabulous job with your layout! I have a grandson named Jaxon as well! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! I love the sketch! Thank you for playing with us at MTW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is fun, bright and beautiful! I absolutely adore your style! Thank you for joining us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout !! I love it !! Thank you for playing at More Than Words :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow !!Such colorful n lively layout !! Thanks for playing with us at More Than Words !! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout! Thank you so much for joining ut at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete